This is your chance to get involved with SRCCONSuggest edits
Happy Sunday, hacks and hackers! SRCCON just opened its call for participation, where you can pitch a session, apply for a stipend or just say why you’d like to attend. The form closes this Wednesday, and the conference will be held online July 16-17.
And a reminder that if you are a Hacks/Hackers organizer who would like to hold remote events, please get in touch. H/H has set up a paid Zoom account for local groups who want to meet online.
The week ahead:
Worth a read:
- The Reuters Institute released their annual Digital News Report that surveyed thousands of people across 40 different countries on their news consumption habits.
- The Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas is starting a free, four-week online course on Equity & Ethics in Data Journalism tomorrow.
- Beautiful News is a project from the Information is Beautiful team that seeks to highlight a positive data trend every day, like Japan’s suicide rate declining or Afghanistan’s literacy rate increasing.
- Kenya or South Africa - Programme Manager, Code for Africa
- China - Mobile App Developer, Oriental Press Group
- US - Asst. Digital Editor, Trib Total Media
- US - Data Analyst, Protect Democracy
- US - Data Journalist, World Resources Institute
- US - Data Reporter, Boston University
- US - Investigative All Media Journalist, Dayton Daily News
- US - Investigative Reporter, EdSource
- US - Legal Data Reporter, Reuters
- US - Remote Fall Interns, NPR
- US - Social Media Specialist, YouGov
- June 24-27, Online, Global Fact 7
- June 25-28, Online, Allied Media Conference
- July 16-17, Online, SRCCON
- July 20-24, Online, ISOJ
- Aug 5-9, Online, NABJxNAHJ Convention
- Aug 27-30, Online, IRE Conference
- Sep 10-12, Washington DC, US, Excellence in Journalism Conference
- Sep 10-13, Chicago, US, The Association of LGBTQ journalists (NLGA)
- Sep 23-27, Boise, US, Environmental Journalism Conference
- Oct 1-16, Online, Online News Association Conference
- Nov 5-8, Mechelen, Belgium, EIJC & Dataharvest
- Dec 4-6, Austin, US, Journalism & Women Symposium
- TBD, TBD, AAJA Conference
- July 15, ADAMI Media Prize for Cultural Diversity in Eastern Europe
- Rolling deadline, National Geographic grants to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, ECFJ grants for stories on elections, AI, disinformation, etc.
- Rolling deadline, Ukraine Media Development Fund
- Rolling deadline, Contest fees for submitting solutions stories
- Rolling deadline, Fund for Environmental Journalism Rapid Response Grants