Catch up with your fellow news nerdsSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! And congratulations to Hacks/Hackers Taipei, who are celebrating their fourth anniversary this month! They’re hosting a party next week showcasing cool projects from their members and friends.
If you’d like to join in on the fun, the event will be livestreamed. Follow H/H Taipei on Twitter for the link.
The week ahead:
- Taipei is marking four years
Worth a read:
- Data discovery platforms are becoming more popular among companies with vast amounts of data to organize. A data scientist at Amazon took a look at what features some of the most notable platforms have, and how they compare to others.
- A study from the Knight Foundation, as part of their ongoing series on Trust, Media and Democracy, asked Americans how well they thought the media covered the 2020 election. More than four in five adults believe they were exposed to misinformation during election season.
- With the countdown to vaccine distributions on the horizon, it’s important to ask drug companies the right questions to best inform the public, like how effective they’ll be over time and whether or not they reduce transmission.
- Anywhere - Data Analyst, Center for Policing Equality
- Anywhere - Quantitative Research Associate, Center for Policing Equality
- Anywhere - Resource Center Director, GIJN
- Anywhere - Expert in Online Media Development, Internews
- Anywhere - Data Reporter and Editor, ServiceNow
- Anywhere - Multiple product/data roles - STAT
- UK - Tech Editor, Hearst Institute
- UK - Deputy Business News Editor, The Telegraph
- US - Audience Development Associate, Axios
- US - Journalism and Public Policy Professor, Duke University
- US - Design Director, LA Times
- US - Newsroom Project Manager, LA Times
- US - Digital Art Director, Texas Monthly
- US - Environmental Justice Visual Journalist, Guardian
- US - Product Lead, Publishing - NYT
- US - RevLab Deputy Director, Texas Tribune
- US - RevLab Project Manager, Texas Tribune
- US - Documentary Journalism Director, University of Missouri
- Dec 17, Online, SRCCON: ❤️
- Feb 19, Online, Computation + Journalism Symposium
- March, Online, NICAR
- March 1-3, Online, Knight Media Forum
- March 8, Online, MozFest
- December 18, Reynolds Journalism Institute fellowship
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, National Geographic grants to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, ECFJ grants for stories on elections, AI, disinformation
- Rolling deadline, Ukraine Media Development Fund
- Rolling deadline, Fund for Environmental Journalism Rapid Response