Mariano Blejman joins the Hacks/Hackers boardSuggest edits
We have news, hacks and hackers! Mariano Blejman is joining the Hacks/Hackers Board of Directors.
You may be familiar with Mariano as the founder of Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires, the largest H/H group in the world. He also started the HHBA Media Party, a conference that draws thousands of attendees every year.
The week ahead:
- Shanghai is covering COVID data
Worth a read:
- Investigating social media posts can be overwhelming with so many platforms to dig through. GIJN compiled a list of tools that reporters use to track user generated content.
- As the COVID-19 vaccine rolls out during a time of social unrest and media distrust, it is vital to cover the vaccination effort ethically and carefully without bias and sensationalizing.
- The Solutions Journalism Network published an essay where they asked experts how best to cover conflict without amplifying it. Some tips include adding complexity in opinions, and highlighting facts, over debunking misinformative statements.
- Anywhere - Solutions Architect/Engineer, The Access Project
- Anywhere - Senior Editorial Graphic Designer, Gannett
- Anywhere - Associate Editor, GIJN
- Anywhere - Technology Platforms Reporter, ProPublica
- Europe - Investigative Reporter, ICIJ
- India - Senior News Editor, BBC India
- UK - Newsletter Editor, African Energy
- UK - Community Coordinator, JournalismAI
- US - Data & Interactives Journalist, CalMatters
- US - Product Engineer, CalMatters
- US - Data Editor, Center for Public Integrity
- US - Data Visualization Reporter, Financial Times
- January 28-29, Online, Data Driven 2021
- Feb 19, Online, Computation + Journalism Symposium
- March 3-5, Online, NICAR
- March 1-3, Online, Knight Media Forum
- March 8, Online, MozFest
- March 30-31, Online, News Product Alliance Summit
- June 7-11, Online, RightsCon
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism