Introducing Hacks/Hackers ShanghaiSuggest edits
Hi, hacks and hackers! Let’s welcome our newest journalism and tech friends Hacks/Hackers Shanghai!
Worth a read:
- Volt Data Lab, a Brazilian data journalism agency, created a news app called Science Pulse that curates social media posts from credible scientific orgs and institutions in English, Spanish and Portugese.
- Poynter compiled highlights of journalistic coverage from the U.S. Capitol breach, including that January 6 was CNN’s most watched day ever with 5.221 million viewers tuning in.
- GIJN created a resource guide for women journalists around the world that includes topics like how to deal with harassment, where to find female expert sources, and a list of grants and fellowships specific to women.
- Anywhere - Website Production Specialist, Bridge Michigan
- Anywhere - Associate Editor, GIJN
- Anywhere - Resource Center Director, GIJN
- Anywhere - Executive Editor, Morning Brew
- Anywhere - Project Manager, News Revenue Hub
- UK - Tech Editor, Hearst Institute
- UK - Education/Ed Tech Sub-Editor, The Key
- UK - Journalist, World IP Review
- US - Investigative Data Editor, Asbury Park Press/Gannett Atlantic
- US - Asst Audience Engagement Editor, Chicago Sun Times
- US - Data Reporter, Dayton Business Journal
- US - Data Scientist, Local News Lab
- US - Social Media Producer, The TRiiBE
- US - Special Projects Editor, SF Business Times
- US - Principal Developer, Solutions Journalism Network
- US - Lead Correspondent, State Affairs
- US - Data Reporter, WBEZ Chicago
- US - Interactive Producer, WBEZ Chicago
- Feb 19, Online, Computation + Journalism Symposium
- March 3-5, Online, NICAR
- March 1-3, Online, Knight Media Forum
- March 8, Online, MozFest
- March 30-31, Online, News Product Alliance Summit
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism