Hacks/Hackers Brighton live streams its first meetupSuggest edits
Brighton, England’s Hacks/Hackers kickoff event starts today with a great lineup planned. Better yet, Hacks/Hackers Brighton will be live streaming the talks at Journalism.co.uk around 3:30 BST (10:30 a.m. ET/7:30 a.m. PT or check your local time)
You can also follow along on Twitter at #hhbtn.
Scheduled speakers include:
- Tom Hume and James Hugman from Future Platforms, showing Guardian Anywhere, an unofficial Guardian app for Android
- Robert Douglas from Ribot, who will demo a yet-to-be-released HTML5 Web app for mobile powered by the Guardian API
- Laura Oliver, community coordinator at the Guardian, who will show how Ushahidi-powered Crowdmap was used during clean up after the riots.
- Erik Hersman, Ushahidi co-founder, who will give some more examples of how the Ushahidi platform has been used.
- Andy Hume from ClearLeft, who’ll be talking about mapping and guiding attendees in something a little more hands on.