Workshops still open for the HHBA Media PartySuggest edits
Workshops will be focused on teaching hands-on tools, while Sofa Hubs will be more of an open discussion. Submit your idea today!
Worth a read:
- Two big problems facing the world right now are “fake news” and the coronavirus. A third? Countries cracking down on “fake news” because of the coronavirus.
- In only a few days, a university student learned to use an AI model, generated a blog post with it, reached the top spot on Hacker News, and even accrued a few subscribers.
- Should you use an all-in-one data science software, for streamlining, or combine more specific tools? Two O’Reilly authors debate.
- Sep 16-18, Online, Media Party 2020
- Sep 21-25, Online, IRE Conference
- Sep 23-27, Online, Environmental Journalism Conference
- Sep - Nov, Online, EIJC & Dataharvest
- Oct, Online, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- Oct 23-25, Online, Association of LGBTQ journalists (NLGA)
- Oct 1-16, Online, Online News Association Conference
- Dec 4-6, Online, Journalism & Women Symposium
- Rolling deadline, Apply for funds for a solutions journalism freelancer
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, National Geographic grants to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, ECFJ grants for stories on elections, AI, disinformation
- Rolling deadline, Ukraine Media Development Fund
- Rolling deadline, Fund for Environmental Journalism Rapid Response