Apply to attend the first News Product Alliance SummitSuggest edits
Anyone interested in building news products is invited to apply to attend. Applications will be considered through the end of next week.
Worth a read:
- Even if you don’t usually code, learning how to use the command line can help simplify tedious tasks like adding dates to multiple filenames or extracting certain records from a large dataset.
- Researchers found that truncating the y-axis on bar charts persistently misleads viewers, and recommend using different types of charts that don’t rely on length or height as a primary method of communication when truncation is necessary.
- Rather than paying publishers for using their news stories, Facebook blocked news on its platform in Australia this week, which will have little to no effect on Facebook, but a major effect on news consumers and organizations alike.
- Anywhere - Interactive Data Journalists, The Economist
- Anywhere - Data Editor, OCCRP
- Africa - Deputy Investigative Manager, Code for Africa
- Africa - Senior Editor, Code for Africa
- Kenya - Data Journalist, ONE Campaign
- US - Deputy Digital Editor, Fortune
- US - Director of Product Management, The Philadelphia Inquirer
- US - Senior Editor, The Public’s Radio
- US - Data & Computational Journalism Lecturer, University of Maryland
- March 3-5, Online, NICAR
- March 1-3, Online, Knight Media Forum
- March 8, Online, MozFest
- March 30-31, Online, News Product Alliance Summit
- April 26-30, Online, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- June 7-11, Online, RightsCon
- February 22, Student journalist scholarships to attend conferences
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism