MozFest and more inclusive eventsSuggest edits
The rider is meant to improve diversity and inclusivity at speaking events, and you can read more about it here.
Happening this week:
- London is talking about collaboration between reporters and devs
Worth a read:
- Researchers trained a neural network called DALL-E to be able to generate images from strings of text, from generating photo-like storefronts with specific names or illustrating new concepts like a baby daikon radish in a tutu walking a dog.
- Clubhouse is a new invite-only, iPhone-exclusive social media app that runs on chatrooms with users streaming audio in real time. It’s been the focus of a lot of attention due to its interface, diversity opportunities and controversy.
- When you say something bad about cats to a cat-lover, it often makes their stance as a cat-lover stronger rather than making them consider an alternate view. This “radical dots simulator” explores that concept more broadly in a neat, data-viz-infused way.
- Anywhere - Events Coordinator, GIJN
- Anywhere - Online Producer, GIJN
- Anywhere - Fullstack Engineer, Vox
- Anywhere - Project Manager, World Resources Institute
- US - Audience Engagement Specialist, Chicago Sun-Times
- US - Data Solutions Editor, CQ Roll Call
- US - Data Journalist, Dayton Business Journal
- US - Multiple product roles, NYT
- US - Project Manager, USC School of Journalism
- US - Global Director of Data Lab, World Resources Institute
- March 8, Online, MozFest
- March 8-10, Online, WanaData’s International Women’s Day
- March 30-31, Online, News Product Alliance Summit
- April 26-30, Online, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- June 7-11, Online, RightsCon
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism