Attend ISOJ for freeSuggest edits
Also, a short correction: last week we shared H/H London’s upcoming April meetup. It is actually this week, so you still have time to tune in!
The week ahead:
- London is talking about writing books and understanding audiences
Worth a read:
- If you hoped Blockchain had left the news cycle, your hopes have not come to fruition. NFTs are popping up more and more online, and The Verge has the explainer.
- With data being generated more and more frequently, and on a larger scale every year, some scientists have started emphasizing data-driven storytelling, a method that has been popular in journalism for years.
- The Guardian, which has been a financial success story in many ways, is leaning more and more on philanthropic funding sources.
- Anywhere - Social media manager, The Markup
- Anywhere - Front-end developer, ICIJ
- China - Platform editor, Wall Street Journal
- UK - Tech correspondent, Dow Jones
- US - New audience editor, Wall Street Journal
- US - Data reporter, Connecticut Public Broadcasting
- US - Audience engagement director, Montana Free Press
- US - Chief development officer, Poynter
- April 26-30, Online, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- May 1-3, Namibia, World Press Freedom Day Conference
- May 18-21, France, Assises Internationales du Journalisme de Tours
- June 7-11, Online, RightsCon
- June 14-15, Germany, Global Media Forum
- June 14-18, Online, Investigative Reporters & Editors Conference
- August 11-13, Online, SRCCON
- August 26-28, Ukraine, Lviv Media Forum
- November 3-5, Online, GIJN Conference
- April 25, European journalists can apply for Google News Initiative fellowship
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism