Broadcast news adapts to streamingSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! CNN is hiring 200 journalists to help launch its news-streaming service CNN+, which plans to launch in the first quarter of 2022.
The cable network is also hiring hundreds of specialists in production, engineering, technology, marketing and analytics. It plans to create 8-12 hours of live programming every day to meet audiences that have moved away from televisions and onto streaming platforms.
Worth a read:
- With the prevalence of Photoshop and tactics like deepfakes, being able to check the source of a photo and if it’s been manipulated is vital to credibility. This guide shows four ways to quickly verify images on a smartphone.
- The Engine Room is a nonprofit that helps social change activists and organizations with managing data and technology, and they created a guide on best practices for retaining, archiving and disposing of data.
- This series on Making Sense of Satellite Data shows how to extract data, process it, stitch it together with GIS software and more all with open source tools.
- Anywhere - Global Marketing Data Journalist, BlackRock
- Canada - Communication/Digital Media Studies Professor, Ontario Tech University
- China - Beijing Bureau Chief, Financial Times
- China - Tech Finance/IPOS Reporter, WSJ
- Spain - Research Editor, Dow Jones
- Russia - Reporter, WSJ
- UK - Newsletter and Briefings Editor, Newsweek
- UK - Head of Social Media, The Telegraph
- US - Director of Research, Data & Society
- US - Postdoctoral Scholar, Trustworthy Infrastructures, Data & Society
- US - Executive Editor, The Dispatch
- US - Executive Director, Harvard Berkman Klein Center
- US - Institute Director, Harvard Berkman Klein Center
- US - Program Director, Harvard Berkman Klein Center
- US - Software Developer, Harvard Berkman Klein Center
- US - Research Assistant, Harvard Kennedy School
- US - Director of Policy Initiatives, Open Environmental Data Project
- US - Journalism Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- US - Product Manager, USAFacts
- US - Research Manager, USAFacts
- US - News Designer, Washington Post
- Sep 13-17, Online, Jamfest
- Sep 28-30, Taiwan, World News Media Congress 2021
- Sep 29 - Oct 2, France, Assises Internationales du Journalisme de Tours
- Oct 3-5, Africa/Online, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- Oct 14-15, Online, ONA Insights
- Nov 1-5, Online, GIJN Conference
- Nov 3-4, Online, News Philanthropy Summit
- April 1-2, Austin, USA, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- Rolling deadline, Pitch freelance stories in US news deserts to Parachute
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Funding to cover Covid in Black Sea countries
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism