New data journalism survey outSuggest edits
The survey hopes to target data journalists, editors, students and educators across the globe to find out tools they’re using, challenges they’re facing, entryways into the industry and more.
Worth a read:
- Misinformation researchers are writing about “fossil fuel solutionism” - fossil fuel companies using their social media platforms to subtly spread misinformation about the climate crisis by cherry-picking data and talking points.
- One of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals focuses on the importance of independent news organizations in developing peaceful, just and democratic societies.
- Poynter created a guide to understanding the facts behind commonly misunderstood vaccine terms like VAERS, Ivermectin and 5G with suggestions on how to debunk misinformation when speaking with others about them.
- Anywhere - Frontend Developer, PlantingSpace
- China - Project Executive, South China Morning Post
- South Africa - Director, Wits Centre for Journalism
- UK - Managing Director, openDemocracy
- UK - Multimedia Journalist, openDemocracy
- US - Seasonal Program Assistant, Earth Journalism Network
- US - Sr. Product Manager, Morning Brew
- US - Visuals Editor, Politico
- March 3-6, 2022, Atlanta, USA, NICAR
- March 7-10, 2022, Online, MozFest
- April 1-2, 2022, Austin, USA, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 6-10, 2022, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 22-23, 2022, Minneapolis, USA, SRCCON
- Rolling deadline, Pitch freelance stories in US news deserts to Parachute
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism