New jobs around the worldSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! The AP is hiring for a variety of positions around the US and in London right now. You can check out all their open jobs here.
In addition, the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is looking for an investigative editor and reporter based in the Pacific Islands, and their deadline to apply is tomorrow November 8th.
Worth a read:
- Many orgs have opted to disable comment sections on articles in the past few years, but when newsrooms invest in maintaining their comment sections, they can lead to higher site engagement.
- Mirror is a publishing community that allows Twitter users to pitch essay ideas and get voted upon by a community that will pay them in cryptocurrency to write. One user pitched their Twitter thread on a Billie Eilish documentary and was paid $27,000 in cryptocurrency to expand it into a thousands-word-long essay.
- Collaborative projects allow journalism orgs to pool together finances, resources and expertise to tackle bigger investigative projects. GIJN talked to the executive director of the Asia-focused Environmental Reporting Collective (ERC) to give tips on how to start a collaborative project.
- Anywhere - Developer, Big Local News
- Bosnia and Herzegovina - Daily News Interns, OCCRP
- UK - London Bureau Chief, WSJ
- US - Special Projects and Data Editor, Baltimore Business Journal
- US - Technical Project Manager, McClatchy
- US - Professor of Journalism & Design, The New School
- US - Analyst, Project on Government Oversight
- US - Local Data Reporter, ProPublica
- US - Chief Development Officer, Reveal
- US - Knight Chair in Local News & Sustainability, UNC
- March 3-6, 2022, Atlanta, USA, NICAR
- April 1-2, 2022, Austin, USA, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 6-10, 2022, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 22-23, 2022, Minneapolis, USA, SRCCON
- Rolling deadline, Pitch freelance stories in US news deserts to Parachute
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism