Work with Hacks/HackersSuggest edits
Hacks/Hackers is hiring a remote Project Area Research Coordinator to help wrangle research communications and resources for a software prototype aimed at helping users engage in conversations around vaccine efficacy.
The position will last six months, but may be extended with additional project funding. Applications will be reviewed starting November 22nd on a rolling basis, with a start date of January 10th.
Happening this week:
- London is meeting up online
Worth a read:
- The NYC Media Lab, along with support from the Knight Foundation, is hosting an AI & Local News Challenge to grant teams $7,500 of funding to apply AI tools to innovate and solve problems in local journalism. The program will run through the first half of 2022, and the deadline to apply is December 1.
- Many companies are starting to use AI to solve supply chain issues, one method is by using “digital twins” which anticipate breakages in the chain before they happen and use a mirrored simulation to figure out a workaround.
- Adobe’s Content Authenticity Initiative is partnering with news orgs to develop open source tools and standards to help make metadata about photos more easily viewable online in an effort to combat misinformation.
- Anywhere - Google Analytics Specialist, News Revenue Hub
- Anywhere - Project Coordinator, News Revenue Hub
- Anywhere - Multiple engineering roles, Substack
- China - China Technology Reporter, Dow Jones
- China - Associate Editorial Director, South China Morning Post
- China - Content Editor, South China Morning Post
- Singapore - Content Analyst, Dow Jones
- Spain - Research Editor, Dow Jones
- US - Professor of Data Journalism, Columbia University
- US - Sr. Producer, KQED
- US - Full Stack Software Engineer, Washington Post
- US - Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, Washington Post
- March 3-6, 2022, Atlanta, USA, NICAR
- March 7-10, 2022, Online, MozFest
- April 1-2, 2022, Austin, USA, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 6-10, 2022, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 22-23, 2022, Minneapolis, USA, SRCCON
- Rolling deadline, Pitch freelance stories in US news deserts to Parachute
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism