What is a tech journalism job?Suggest edits
Happy Sunday, hacks and hackers! This newsletter shares dozens of jobs in “tech journalism” - but what does that mean?
The Houston Chronicle’s data visualization editor posted a tweet thread and Q&A on this very subject.
Worth a read:
- This fast.ai blog post looks at the importance of information resilience - the ability to find and fix problems in data sourcing, sharing, transforming, analyzing and consuming - by using a case study of a failed UK COVID tracking app.
- GIJN and Migrant-Rights.org collaborated to produce a multilingual guide on Reporting on Migration in the Gulf, including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
- Towards Data Science gathered 12 useful algorithms for data science in honor of the 12 days of Christmas this year, including algorithms for clustering, NLP and more. Last year, they did an article for 12 data science projects as well.
- Anywhere - Jr. Product Designer, CalMatters
- Anywhere - Product Designer, CalMatters
- Anywhere - Social Media Manager, Capital B
- Anywhere - Digital Designer, Devex
- Anywhere - Sr. Product Manager, Informa Tech
- Anywhere - Sr. Product Manager (Data), Informa Tech
- Singapore - Research Editor, Dow Jones
- South Asia - Bureau Chief, Financial Times
- US - Program Manager, The Access Project
- US - Data Analyst, The Advocate
- US - Data Reporter, Cleveland.com
- US - Visuals Planning Editor, CNN
- US - Visuals Managing Editor, CNN
- US - Motion Graphics Designer, Dow Jones
- US - Data Viz Developer, Houston Chronicle
- US - Enterprise & Investigative Reporter, Kaiser Health News1
- US - Engagement Reporter, KyCIR
- US - Publications Director, New York University
- US - Interactive Newsroom Designer, Philadelphia Inquirer
- US - Interactive Newsroom Developer, Philadelphia Inquirer
- March 3-6, 2022, Atlanta, USA, NICAR
- March 7-10, 2022, Online, MozFest
- March 10-11, 2022, Online, News Product Alliance Summit
- April 1-2, 2022, Austin, USA, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 6-10, 2022, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 22-23, 2022, Minneapolis, USA, SRCCON
- Rolling deadline, Pitch freelance stories in US news deserts to Parachute
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism