The Sigma Awards are open for entriesSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! The deadline to submit 2021 data journalism projects to the Sigma Awards is January 14th.
The Sigma Awards highlight the best data journalism projects around the world, and this year is its third iteration.
Worth a read:
- The Institute for Nonprofit News and its partners raised $12 million to support North American nonprofit news organizations in its NewsMatch program, which any INN member newsroom can participate in.
- OpenNews wrote a blogpost about understanding journalists’ collective power and how to best wield it in serving ourselves and our communities - including our power as workers, our power in shaping narratives and our power as leaders.
- GIJN editors compiled some of the best investigative stories of 2021 in different regions of the world, including Sub-Saharan Africa, Pakistan, India and Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Caucasus.
- Anywhere - Investigative Journalist, Finance Uncovered
- Canada - Audience Analyst, Corus
- Canada - Product Manager, Corus
- Canada - Reporter, Investigative Journalism Foundation
- France - Full-Stack Developer, ICIJ
- Norway - Research Fellow, OsloMet
- Spain - Engineering Manager, Devex
- Spain - Sr. Backend Software Engineer, Devex
- US - Climate/Environment Data Journalist, AP
- US - Education Data Journalist, AP
- US - Front-End Web Developer, CapRadio
- US - Interactive Graphics Reporter, Hearst
- US - Graphics Editor, MSNBC
- US - Sr. Software Engineer, NYT
- US - Multimedia Journalism Professor, Penn State University
- US - News Developer, Star Tribune
- March 3-6, 2022, Atlanta, US, NICAR
- March 7-10, 2022, Online, MozFest
- March 10-11, 2022, Online, News Product Alliance Summit
- April 1-2, 2022, Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 6-10, 2022, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 22-23, 2022, Minneapolis, US, SRCCON
- Rolling deadline, Pitch freelance stories in US news deserts to Parachute
- Rolling deadline, Funding from Google to fact-check vaccine misinformation
- Rolling deadline, Eyebeam grants for artistic contributions to journalism