Start using AI with the APSuggest edits
Greetings, hacks and hackers! The AP’s weekly Local News AI Readiness Workshops have started, and will continue for the next several weeks.
Registration is still open for live panels, demos and how to videos on various Artificial Intelligence tools and topics.
Worth a read:
- Over 71 digital media sites in the Latin American region have contributed to the publication of about 800 news stories in the past six months using the Google Web Stories format.
- GIJN is publishing a new five-part guide to investigating elections around the world. The chapters will focus on topics like tools and databases for election digging and safety tips for preparing to cover an election.
- A USA TODAY reporter and data journalist worked together on a paywalled investigation about evictions, released alongside a free “graphic novel” combining story and data elements into a comic-like narrative to humanize the story in a more accessible way.
- April 13-May 18, Online, AP Local News AI Readiness Workshops
- May 19-20, Chicago, US, Collaborative Journalism Summit
- May 19-22, Mechelen, Belgium, Dataharvest
- June 6-10, Online, RightsCon
- June 20-21, Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- June 22-24, Minneapolis, US, SRCCON
- June 22-25, Oslo, Norway, Global Fact Conference
- June 23-26, Denver, US, IRE
- June 27-30, Honolulu, US, EWC International Media Conference
- June 27-July 1, Medellín, Colombia, World Conference of Science Journalists
- July 8-13, Shanghai, China, World Journalism Education Congress
- July 15-17, Couthures-sur-Garonne, France, Festival International de Journalisme
- August 25-27, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Media Party
- Anywhere - GIJN, Global Team Manager
- Anywhere - OpenCorporates, Data Acquisition Engineer
- Anywhere - The Pudding, Audience Engagement Manager
- Africa - Forbes, Freelance Writers
- Spain - Dow Jones, Support Analyst
- UK - NHST, Digital Journalist
- US - Arizona Republic, Engagement Editor
- US - Arizona Republic, Sr. Director, Enterprise and Investigations
- US - Arizona Republic, Projects & Collaboration Editor
- US - Chicago Sun-Times, Product Manager
- US - The Chronicle, News Data Specialist
- US - Dallas Morning News, Computational Journalist
- US - The 19th, Audience Engagement Fellow
- US - The 19th, Product & Technology Fellow
- US - Texas Tribune, Product Manager
- US - WBUR, Full-Stack Developer
- US - Washington Post, Sr. Election Data Engineer