Exploring journalism in the metaverseSuggest edits
Greetings, hacks and hackers! The Center for Collaborative Investigative Journalism is hosting an online event to explore a metaverse installation for its investigation with HumAngle Media on the escalating farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria.
The event will be on Friday, May 6, and you can register to attend for free here.
Worth a read:
- In 2019, Canada introduced a tax credit to reimburse taxpayers for 15% of the cost of their digital news subscriptions, and over 300,000 Canadians used the credit in 2020.
- This writeup from Poynter looks at the role yellow journalism played during the Spanish-American War and contrasts it with how news coverage is impacting the information coming out about the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- GIJN is hosting a free webinar this Monday (May 9) tailored to African journalists on how to package investigative stories to encourage more audience engagement.
- April 13-May 18, Online, AP Local News AI Readiness Workshops
- May 19-20, Chicago, US, Collaborative Journalism Summit
- May 19-22, Mechelen, Belgium, Dataharvest
- June 6-10, Online, RightsCon
- June 20-21, Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- June 22-24, Minneapolis, US, SRCCON
- June 22-25, Oslo, Norway, Global Fact Conference
- June 23-26, Denver, US, IRE
- June 27-30, Honolulu, US, EWC International Media Conference
- June 27-July 1, Medellín, Colombia, World Conference of Science Journalists
- July 8-13, Shanghai, China, World Journalism Education Congress
- July 15-17, Couthures-sur-Garonne, France, Festival International de Journalisme
- August 25-27, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Media Party
- Anywhere - Politico, Data & Graphics Reporter
- Anywhere - Tiny News Collective, Director of Technology
- US - Center for Public Integrity, Data Journalist
- US - Dow Jones, Investigations and Enterprise Editor
- US - Northeastern University, Sr. Data Engineer
- US - San Jose Spotlight, Audience Engagement Manager
- US - Texas Tribune, Product Manager