SRCCON sessions announcedSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! SRCCON is happening online from June 22-24 and just released their list of accepted proposals.
Happening this week:
- Nigeria is learning about Geographic Information Systems
- Uganda is exploring tools for data gathering
- Kenya is utilizing statistics in reporting
Worth a read:
- DockIns is a prototype tool that uses machine learning techniques to analyze and classify large amounts of unstructured documents, similar to DocumentCloud’s SideKick add-on, except with added features to work with Spanish-language documents and optimized classification capabilities.
- The Fund for Investigative Journalism launched an emergency grant program for investigations on threats to US democracy. Journalists could receive up to $10k to cover expenses, and they’re holding a webinar on June 1 for how to apply for the grant.
- The Solutions Journalism Network is recruiting for its next climate cohort - which allows freelancers or journalists at an organization to receive virtual training and a small stipend to cover climate stories geared toward solutions. The deadline to apply is May 31.
- Anywhere - ICIJ, Neo4j Connected Data Fellow
- Anywhere - The Information, Visual Journalist
- Anywhere - MuckRock, Data Editor
- Bosnia & Herzegovina - Internews, Chief of Media Engagement
- Madagascar - Internews, Project Manager
- US - Committee to Protect Journalists, Audience Engagement Associate
- US - The New Yorker, Director, Editorial Infrastructure
- US - Politico, Sr. Interactive Designer/Developer
- US - Rest of World, Front-End Developer
- June 6-10, Online, RightsCon
- June 13, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, MisinfoCon Brasil
- June 20-21, Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- June 22-24, Minneapolis, US, SRCCON
- June 22-25, Oslo, Norway, Global Fact Conference
- June 23-26, Denver, US, IRE
- June 27-30, Honolulu, US, EWC International Media Conference
- June 27-July 1, Medellín, Colombia, World Conference of Science Journalists
- July 8-13, Shanghai, China, World Journalism Education Congress
- July 15-17, Couthures-sur-Garonne, France, Festival International de Journalisme
- August 11-14, Las Vegas, US, MisinfoCon at DefCon
- August 25-27, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Media Party