Hacks/Hackers joins the Partnership on AISuggest edits
We have news, hacks and hackers! H/H has joined the Partnership on AI, a non-profit partnership of over 100 academic, civil society, industry and media organizations across five continents working to use AI and machine learning responsibly.
You can read more about the PAI in the partnership announcement.
Happening this week:
- Nigeria is making maps in QGIS
Worth a read:
- The AP released the 56th edition of The Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law, which includes more than 300 new or revised entries and a chapter on inclusive storytelling.
- The flood of coronavirus-related disinformation across the internet wasn’t just due to news outlets and social media, but also flaws in the publication process for scientific papers.
- A data scientist wrote an article outlining his process for finding the least viewed Wikipedia pages in 2021, and found most of the least viewed pages were of specific species of insects, obscure geographical features or index pages.
- Anywhere - Dart Centre Europe, Project Manager
- UK - Washington Post, Investigative Correspondent
- US - AP, Program Manager, Inclusive Journalism
- US - Boston Globe, Mobile App Producer
- US - THE CITY, News Apps Developer
- US - KPBS, Web Producer
- US - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Newsroom Developer
- US - Morning Brew, Sr. Product Manager
- US - NBC, Data Graphics Intern
- US - Ohio Local News Initiative, Audience Editor
- US - OneCare Media, Data Journalist
- US - Star Tribune, Audience Editor
- US - The Venetoulis Institute for Local Journalism, Data Viz Journalist
- US - Washington Post, Designer: News & Development
- June 16, Online, Virtual Workshop for Adobe’s CAI Open-Source Tools
- June 20-21, Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- June 22-24, Minneapolis, US, SRCCON
- June 22-25, Oslo, Norway, Global Fact Conference
- June 23-26, Denver, US, IRE
- June 27-30, Honolulu, US, EWC International Media Conference
- June 27-July 1, Medellín, Colombia, World Conference of Science Journalists
- July 8-13, Shanghai, China, World Journalism Education Congress
- July 15-17, Couthures-sur-Garonne, France, Festival International de Journalisme
- August 11-14, Las Vegas, US, MisinfoCon at DefCon
- August 25-27, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Media Party
- October 24-26, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference