Product immersion training for newsroomsSuggest edits
The Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY is welcoming new cohorts of newsrooms in their Product Immersion for Small Newsrooms program.
Applications are open for journalists in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Worth a read:
- Northwestern published its annual State of Local News Report that looks at how local news is faring across communities in the US. It found that an average of two US newspapers have closed per week since 2004.
- A Twitter debate among data visualization specialists on whether or not it’s ever appropriate to use vertical line charts led to a thorough example-laden writeup on Nightingale.
- Gina Chua, executive editor for new global media startup Semafor, gave a keynote speech at IRE last week on how to report for, just about, underserved and underrepresented communities.
- US - BBC, Head of Digital Journalism
- US - Colorado Sun, Product Producer
- US - Consumer Reports, Multiple engineering roles
- US - Hearst Connecticut, Investigative Reporter
- US - NYT, Staff Editor, News Surveys
- US - Tampa Bay Times, Education Data Reporter
- US - Tampa Bay Times, Politics Data Reporter
- US - WBUR, Investigative Reporter
- July 8-13, Shanghai, China, World Journalism Education Congress
- July 15-17, Couthures-sur-Garonne, France, Festival International de Journalisme
- August 11-14, Las Vegas, US, MisinfoCon at DefCon
- August 25-27, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Media Party
- September 8-10, New York, US, IPI World Congress
- September 21-24, Los Angeles, US, Online News Association Conference
- September 28-30, Zaragoza, Spain, World News Media Conference
- October 6, Prague, Czech Republic, News Impact Summit
- October 24-26, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- December 2-4, Amman, Jordan, Arab Reporters Investigative Conference
- December 6-10, Washington DC, US, International Anti-Corruption Conference