The Media Party is happening next week!Suggest edits
It’s time, hacks and hackers! The Buenos Aires Media Party is coming up next week, from August 25-27 at the Ciudad Cultural Konex.
The conference will have speakers and events focused on topics like audience development, product, monetization, disinformation, AI and more!
Worth a read:
- The Pulitzer Center recently had an environmental investigative conference where reporters and designers showcased ways to add data and visuals to environmental stories.
- Nightingale wrote about the importance of creating data visualizations for mobile devices, and highlighted some features of mobile data vizzes that can’t be done on desktop, like tilt-sensing, augmented reality and more.
- Visual journalist Patrick Garvin created two Twitter bots to raise awareness of making news on Twitter more accessible. One tweets tips on accessibility awareness, while the other tweets at news organizations that post images without alt text.
- Cambodia - Southeast Asia Globe, Editor
- Czech Republic - RFE/RL, Digital Forensics Editor
- UK - Thomson Reuters, Technology Correspondent
- US - ABC7 Chicago, Data Journalist
- US - BBC, Sr. UX Designer
- US - BBC, Software Engineer
- US - Freedom of the Press Foundation, Director of Advocacy
- US - The Fuller Project, Data Editor
- US - IPUMS, Web App Developer
- US - News Revenue Hub, Project Manager
- US - NYT, Graphics Editor, Opinion
- US - NYT, Weather Graphics/Multimedia Editor - Data Collection
- US - NYT, Weather Graphics/Multimedia Editor - Front-End
- US - Philadelphia Inquirer, Interactive Newsroom Designer
- US - Poynter, Faculty Member
- US - Reynolds Journalism Institute, Innovation in Focus Editor
- US - Scripps, Executive Producer, Investigative
- US - University of Missouri, Big Data & AI Professor
- Aug 25-27, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Media Party
- Sep 8-10, New York, US, IPI World Congress
- Sep 21-24, Los Angeles, US, Online News Association Conference
- Sep 27-29, Online, United Facts of America
- Sep 28-30, Zaragoza, Spain, World News Media Conference
- Oct 6, Prague, Czech Republic, News Impact Summit
- Oct 13-14, Boston, US, Conference for Truth and Trust Online
- Oct 13 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, Jamfest Journalism and Media Festival
- Oct 19, London, UK, Twipe Digital Growth Summit
- Oct 21-22, Online, IRE DBEI Symposium
- Oct 31 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- Dec 2-4, Amman, Jordan, Arab Reporters Investigative Conference
- Dec 6-10, Washington DC, US, International Anti-Corruption Conference
- Dec 8-9, Online, SRCCON:CARE