Get involved with Truth and Trust OnlineSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! The Conference for Truth and Trust Online recently announced its list of sessions, and it features three days of both online and offline workshops, panels and presentations on credibility.
Worth a read:
- A government official in Las Vegas was arrested and charged for the murder of Jeff German, a reporter at The Las Vegas Review-Journal, who had been investigating internal disputes in the official’s office. So far this year, 50 journalists have been killed around the world, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- News outlets around the world reacted to Queen Elizabeth II’s death with interruptions to regular programming and extensive, prepared material on the late ruler’s life.
- Election offices, which distribute information about voting opportunities in the US, are largely absent from social media platforms, new research found.
- Anywhere - Institute for Nonprofit News, Growth Program Coordinator
- Tanzania - BBC, Head of Production
- UK - Guardian, Head of Visual and Data Journalism
- UK - Newsweek, Social Video Producer
- US - Crain’s, Tech Reporter
- Sep 8-10, New York, US, IPI World Congress
- Sep 21-24, Los Angeles, US, Online News Association Conference
- Sep 27-29, Online, United Facts of America
- Sep 28-30, Zaragoza, Spain, World News Media Conference
- Oct 6, Prague, Czech Republic, News Impact Summit
- Oct 13-14, Boston, US, Conference for Truth and Trust Online
- Oct 13 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, Jamfest Journalism and Media Festival
- Oct 19, London, UK, Twipe Digital Growth Summit
- Oct 21-22, Online, IRE DBEI Symposium
- Oct 31 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- Dec 2-4, Amman, Jordan, Arab Reporters Investigative Conference
- Dec 6-10, Washington DC, US, International Anti-Corruption Conference
- Dec 8-9, Online, SRCCON:CARE