ONA happening this weekSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! The Online News Association (ONA) is having their annual conference this week from Sept. 21-24 in Los Angeles!
Worth a read:
- Public Health Review Morning Edition, a daily podcast covering public health, interviewed Connie Moon Sehat, one of the principal investigators on the ARTT Project, a joint effort by Hacks/Hackers and the University of Washington.
- The Russian government is fining Wikipedia and doxxing Russian-speaking Wikipedia editors for publishing what it deems disinformation about the war in Ukraine.
- GIJN interviewed Anton Harber, journalism professor and South African veteran journalist, on his recently published book “So, for the Record” which details the state of journalism and press freedom in South Africa.
- Anywhere - Digital Democracy, Backend Developer
- Anywhere - Digital Democracy, Frontend Developer
- Latin America - OCCRP, Latin America Engagement Coordinator
- US - AP, Data Visualization Developer
- US - BBC, Senior Experience Designer
- US - Chronicle of Philanthropy, Database Reporter
- US - Fund for Investigative Journalism, Diversity Fellowships
- US - Hearst Newspapers, Deputy Director of Visual Storytelling
- US - LA Times, Data and Graphics Journalist
- US - LA Times, Deputy Director, Data and Graphics
- US - NPR, News Apps Developer, Elections
- Sep 21-24, Los Angeles, US, Online News Association Conference
- Sep 27-29, Online, United Facts of America
- Sep 28-30, Zaragoza, Spain, World News Media Conference
- Oct 6, Prague, Czech Republic, News Impact Summit
- Oct 13-14, Boston, US, Conference for Truth and Trust Online
- Oct 13 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, Jamfest Journalism and Media Festival
- Oct 19, London, UK, Twipe Digital Growth Summit
- Oct 21-22, Online, IRE DBEI Symposium
- Oct 31 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- Dec 2-4, Amman, Jordan, Arab Reporters Investigative Conference
- Dec 6-10, Washington DC, US, International Anti-Corruption Conference
- Dec 8-9, Online, SRCCON:CARE