SRCCON:CARE opens call for participationSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers! SRCCON:CARE is happening online from December 8-9 and is a conference that discusses ways to care for ourselves, our colleagues and our communities. Its call for participation form is open right now through October 25.
On the form, you can mark that you’re interested in attending, pitch a session or apply for a stipend to attend. Ticket prices for the conference will start at $75 with a limited number of openly available free scholarship tickets.
Happening this week:
- Nigeria is talking about statistics in journalism
Worth a read:
- The Institute for Nonprofit News’ Member Compensation Study found that the average reporter salary jumped to $82,943 from $58,858 in 2020, when the first study was conducted.
- Nightingale spotlighted a series of animated data visualizations for different sporting events that show data changing as a round of a sporting event occurs.
- Stories often include reporting on percentages and percent change, so here are some tips from GIJN on how to deal with numbers and avoid common math errors.
- Anywhere - OCCRP, Experienced Python Developer
- Anywhere - OCCRP, Social Media Intern
- US - Associated Press, Project Manager, AP Technology
- US - Boston University, Journalism Professor
- US - Chalkbeat, Summer Data Intern
- US - CUNY, Data Journalism Professor
- US - George Washington University, Professor of Media & Public Affairs
- US - Houston Chronicle, Data Reporter
- US - LAist, Data Science Manager
- US - LAist, Full Stack Software Engineer
- US - LAist, Visual Designer
- US - St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Data Reporter
- US - Weber State University, Professor of Digital Media
- Oct 19, London, UK, Twipe Digital Growth Summit
- Oct 21-22, Online, IRE DBEI Symposium
- Oct 31 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- Dec 2-4, Amman, Jordan, Arab Reporters Investigative Conference
- Dec 6-10, Washington DC, US, International Anti-Corruption Conference
- Dec 8-9, Online, SRCCON:CARE