Cumbre Global Sobre Desinformación this weekSuggest edits
The Global Summit on Disinformation/Cumbre Global Desinformación 2022 is a free Spanish event taking place virtually this week on November 17.
Find out more about the fact-checking specialists presenting at the summit and register on the event site here.
Worth a read:
- With investigative journalism being such a high-stress job, Reporters Without Borders Germany and the taz Panter Foundation established The Rest and Refuge Fellowship program to give journalists from countries with restricted press freedom a paid six month break in Berlin.
- Within the first week of its launch, Twitter suspended the paid Twitter Blue service after users used it to impersonate brands and officials, causing stocks to plummet and advertisers to pause spending on the site.
- Overly simplifying or over aggregating data in visualizations can lead to information being obscured, and this Nightingale article presents examples and solutions.
- Anywhere - Bellingcat, Social Media Producer
- Anywhere - GIJN, Regional Ukrainian Editor
- Anywhere - The New Humanitarian, Production Editor
- Africa - OCCRP, East Africa Regional Editor
- Belgium, Politico, Technology Reporter
- China - WSJ, Summer Digital Platform Internship
- Czech Republic, RFE/RL, Desk/Line Editor, Azerbaijani Service
- US - Dallas Morning News, Public Safety Data Records Reporter
- US - Protect Democracy, Frontend Engineer
- US - University of Oregon, Assistant Professor of Journalism
- US - The Urban Institute, Data Visualization Developer
- US - Washington Post, News Engineers
- US - WSJ, Social Media Editor