Data journalism survey still openSuggest edits
Hello, hacks and hackers. It’s still not too late to contribute to datajournalism.com’s State of Data Journalism Survey for 2022!
This year’s survey is available in four languages and open for responses through the end of the calendar year.
Worth a read:
- If you’re considering using Mastodon as an alternative to Twitter, GIJN’s social media editor answered common questions from journalists about using Mastodon, and Nieman Lab interviewed The Markup’s Julia Angwin on it.
- Todd Whitehead, a sports journalist who rose to fame on Twitter for his unique basketball data visualizations, spoke to Nightingale about his background and creative process.
- Northwestern University’s Local News Initiative created the Medill Subscriber Engagement Index to measure subscriptions at newspapers across the US, and found in their latest report that subscriptions are still climbing at most papers.
- Anywhere - Climate Central, Visualizations Producer/Editor
- Belgium - Politico, Sr. Editor
- Italy - Montel News, Energy Market Reporter
- Switzerland - Montel News, Energy Market Reporter
- UK - BMJ, Investigations Reporter
- UK - Financial Times, Product Manager
- US - Block Club Chicago, Sr. Editor, Investigations
- US - Marshall Project, Sr. Editor, Investigations
- US - MuckRock, Front End Developer
- US - Texas Tribune/ProPublica, Data Reporter
- Dec 2-4, Amman, Jordan, Arab Reporters Investigative Conference
- Dec 6-10, Washington DC, US, International Anti-Corruption Conference
- Dec 7-8, Online, JournalismAI Festival
- Dec 8-9, Online, SRCCON:CARE
- March 2-5, Nashville, US, NICAR