National News Literacy Week coming soonSuggest edits
The fourth annual National News Literacy Week (NLNW) is coming up in the US on January 23-27th. NLNW consists of a variety of online and in-person events for educators, students and the public to learn about media literacy.
One event features newsroom leaders discussing past mistakes and what they’ve learned to build greater trust with their audiences, and another spotlights Chicago news outlets and how they’ve built trust in their communities. To find out more about other events and how to register for them, visit its website here.
Worth a read:
- There have been so many interesting 2022 roundups coming out that we’re going to keep sharing more. The AP launched an ambitious AI program and shared a summary of its “local news AI” scorecard featuring thoughts on the uses of AI from newsrooms around the US.
- Another roundup from last year: ProPublica arranged its eye-catching visual journalism projects from 2022, including illustrations, animations, video, photo and maps.
- The Knight Center is hosting a free online course on producing explanatory journalism from January 16 - February 12 taught by Bloomberg News editor John O’Neill. Anyone can register for the self-paced course, and the syllabus and other information is available on their website.
- Anywhere - News Revenue Hub, Audience Development Project Manager
- Europe - Investigate Europe, Audience Engagement Producer
- UK - Hearst Magazines, SEO Manager, Digital Spy
- US - CUNY, Associate Professor, Data Journalism
- US - Grey Matter Media, Part-Time Development Coordinator
- US - LA Times, Data & Graphics Journalist
- US - The Law & Crime Network, Freelance Researcher/Production Associate
- US - National Press Club Journalism Institute, Director of Training
- US - ProPublica, Deputy Editor, Audience
- US - ProPublica, Director of Enterprise Technology and Security
- US - Southern Methodist University, Professor of Practice in Journalism
- US - Urban Institute, Sr. Data Visualization Developer
- January 23-27, Online & US, National News Literacy Week
- March 2-5, Nashville, US, NICAR
- April 14-15, Online & Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference