Funding for European solutions journalism projectsSuggest edits
The European Journalism Centre has launched a call for applications for round 2 of its Solutions Journalism Accelerator - a program that delivered grant funding, mentoring, resources and knowledge transfer to support solutions-focused journalism at European news organizations.
The deadline to apply is February 21, and grant recipients can receive up to 130,000 euros along with a year of support for their projects. Visit its site to learn more and to look at grant-winning projects from the first cohort.
Worth a read:
- The Knight Foundation’s AI & Local News Challenge is accepting applications through February 20 for teams to develop and advance projects that use AI to address the needs of local news organizations and audiences. They’ll also hold an online info session on February 16.
- “The Roadmap for Local News” is a new report that addresses the current state of local news in the US along with laying out a vision of the future of local news that focuses on providing communities with the information they need and the news products to access it.
- The annual Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) from Transparency International ranks 180 countries and territories by experts’ perceived levels of public sector corruption. This year’s report concluded that 95% of countries have made little to no progress fighting corruption since 2017.
- UK - The Jewish Chronicle, Sr. Designer
- US - Bloomberg, Graphics Journalist
- US - Cityside Journalism Initiative, Director of Development
- US - Financial Times, US Data Journalist
- US - The Food & Environment Reporting Network, Editor in Chief
- US - Houston Landing, Multiple newsroom, tech and development roles
- US - LancasterOnline, Finance & Data Desk Fellows
- US - MinnPost, Development Associate
- US - Scientific American, Sr. Data Engineer
- US - Starling Lab, Freelance data/tech writers
- US - University of Pittsburgh, News Adviser
- US - WSJ, Political Data Reporter
- February 22, Online, US, Knight Media Forum
- March 2-5, Nashville, US, NICAR
- April 14-15, Online & Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference