The Media Party coming to the US!Suggest edits
The Hacks/Hackers Media Party, which has taken place in Buenos Aires almost every year over the past decade, is going global! The Media Party Chicago conference will take place from June 8-10.
The very popular event brings together entrepreneurs, journalists, developers and designers for events focused on the intersection among technology, journalism and storytelling. You can sign up for Chicago updates on the conference website.
Worth a read:
- GIJN updated their guide on tracking airplanes and flights around the world, which includes sources for flight data, the basics of tracking, how to find photos and more.
- Julia Angwin, who co-founded The Markup in 2018, wrote ten lessons she learned from The Markup’s use of the scientific method, automation and computational power in its journalism.
- Flourish, a third-party data visualization tool, updated their guide on choosing the right map type for your data, including examples of each map and instructions on how to make it in Flourish.
- Europe - OCCRP, Social Media Editor
- UK/Belgium - Politico, Web Producer for Data Visualization
- US - The Atlantic, Associate Art Director
- US - The Cincinnati Enquirer, Investigative & Enterprise Editor
- US - Colorado Public Radio, Software Engineering Manager
- US - NBC, Data/Graphics Intern
- US - The Philadelphia Inquirer, SEO Editor
- US - Vermont Public Radio, Data Journalist
- US - WBUR, Data Analyst
- US - WFYI, Data Journalist
- February 22, Online, US, Knight Media Forum
- March 2-5, Nashville, US, NICAR
- April 14-15, Online & Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference