New grants for DocumentCloud projectsSuggest edits
MuckRock is opening a second round of Gateway Grants for projects that use DocumentCloud to inform readers and/or preserve access to public records.
This round of grants will total $50,000 for DocumentCloud-related projects and $150,000 for journalism projects overall. Applications are open for the next few weeks.
Worth a read:
- In Part 2 of Gallup and Knight Foundation’s American Views survey, they found that the majority of Americans hold an unfavorable view of news media and think organizations intend to mislead, misinform or persuade the public.
- Here’s a roundup from GIJN of some of the best watchdog journalism that journalists have produced in the past year about Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, including using geolocation to track photographic evidence of war crimes and building a database that tracks assets of Russian oligarchs.
- Paul Bradshaw, who leads the MA in Data Journalism program at Birmingham City University posted a series of videos on YouTube that explain using Python for data journalism, including how to scrape and use Colab notebooks in Google Drive.
- Anywhere - Consumer Reports, Security Planner Part Time Researcher
- Anywhere - ICIJ, Journalist & Africa Coordinator
- Asia - The Epoch Times, Digital News Writer
- Central Europe - IREX, Media Business Development Advisor
- Central/Eastern Europe - International Press Institute, Media Support Coordinator
- UK - The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, Editor
- US - Mountain State Spotlight, Audience Manager
- US - MPR, Sr. Editor
- US - Pew Research Center, Director, Communications Strategy
- US - Pew Research Center, Director, Digital Strategy
- March 2-5, Nashville, US, NICAR
- March 20-24, Online, Mozilla Fest
- April 14-15, Online & Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- June 19-20, Online & Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference