A new round of WikiCred projectsSuggest edits
The WikiCred project supports research, software projects and Wikimedia events that focus on improving information literacy and credibility on the internet and beyond. New WikiCred projects for 2023 are being announced regularly on the MisinfoCon blog.
WikiCred offers microgrants to individuals and teams for pilot projects on how to support credibility on the internet using Wikimedia.
Happening this week:
- Nigeria is training journalists on social inclusion
Worth a read:
- Applications are open to small newsrooms in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions for the Journalism AI Academy, which is a free 8-week online program that starts in June 2023. The deadline to apply is April 30.
- Fact-checking organizations can now apply for funding from the newly created Global Fact Check Fund, a $13.2 million grant from Google and YouTube. The fund will be administered by the International Fact-Checking Network at Poynter, and applications are open from April 14 to May 15.
- Eunice Magwambo, Purity Mukami and Juliet Atellah are three female data journalists from Kenya who spoke with the Reuters Institute about how they got started in data journalism, what work they do now and the challenges they faced in the field.
- Australia - Sportsdata, Data Journalist
- Czech Republic - RFE/RL, Managing Editor with Persian, Radio Farda
- UK - The Telegraph, Data Journalist, Money Hub
- US - American Journalism Project, Audience & Product Strategy Lead
- US - AP, Polls and Surveys Reporter
- US - CalMatters, Climate Reporter
- US - CalMatters, Politics & Campaign Reporter
- US - Chartmetric, Data Journalist
- US - Fresnoland, Lead Editor
- US - ICIJ, Editor
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- June 19-20, Online & Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- November 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference