Anika Gupta joins the Hacks/Hackers boardSuggest edits
We are excited to announce that Anika Gupta is joining the Hacks/Hackers Board of Directors!
Anika launched Hacks/Hackers India in 2012, where she worked as a journalist in New Delhi. She wrote a book about online communities, “How to Handle a Crowd,” and currently works as a business and product strategy consultant for news and social media startups. You can follow her on Twitter at @DigitalAnika.
Worth a read:
- The Reynolds Journalism Institute at the University of Missouri is holding an in-person fall symposium from November 3-4 to bring together 30 community-centered journalists to brainstorm, build and collaborate together across newsrooms. The program will provide travel, lodging, food and more for accepted attendees, find out more and apply here.
- The Fix is an online trade magazine for media professionals, and it publishes a newsletter on media topics. This month’s special edition newsletter is focused on audience engagement and includes articles on how to curate communities through social media groups, tactics for growing a podcast audience and more.
- Angie Drobnic Holan, PolitiFact’s editor in chief, interviewed two journalist-turned-professors who curate academic research related to the media industry to find out what patterns are emerging in research and how they could help current journalists.
- Anywhere - Meedan, Frontend Developer
- Germany - Funke Mediengruppe, Frontend Developer/Interactive Designer
- UK - Financial Times, Digital Designer, Visual Investigations
- UK - Financial Times, Graphics Reporter, Visual Investigations
- UK - Financial Times, Sr. Reporter, Visual Investigations
- US - Houston Chronicle, Data Reporter, Investigations
- US - The Intercept, Product Director
- US - Los Angeles Times, Assistant Editor, Data and Graphics
- US - Los Angeles Times, UX Designer, Web and Mobile
- US - NYT, Sr. Product Manager, Visuals
- US - The Post and Courier, Projects Reporter
- US - Scientific American, Frontend Engineer
- US - USA TODAY, Data Fellow
- US - USA TODAY, Data Reporter
- US - WHYY, Special Projects Editor
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- June 19-20, Online & Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- June 22-25, Orlando, US, IRE Conference
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- November 3-4, Columbia, MO, US, RJI Symposium: In service to our communities
- November 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference