Hacks/Hackers is hiring!Suggest edits
We’re hiring a Community Coordinator to help with our NSF-funded Analysis and Response for Toolkit for Trust (ARTT) project. The role will involve various responsibilities related to community engagement, software testing, documentation, and external communication efforts.
The job is remote, but applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 31. The ARTT team is looking to fill this position by the end of September.
Worth a Read:
- The Associated Press has updated its standards to warn against AI misuse, cautioning journalists to verify AI-generated content, avoid overhyping claims, and recognize AI limitations.
- This Nightingale piece talks about how data viz professionals can be more proactive in addressing accessibility. Two easy examples are doing color blindness checks and adding alt text - a text-based alternative - to image graphics.
- Including academic research in your articles can enhance their credibility, but there can be major cost barriers to accessing the study. The Journalist’s Resource compiled some tips on how to access research for free.
- Anywhere - Forum on Information & Democracy, Scientific Director
- Europe - Reporters Without Borders, Journalism Trust Initiative Director
- UK or France - Reporters Without Borders, Outreach & Development Manager
- US - AP, News Editor (Polls & Surveys)
- US - AP, Newsperson (Elections Explanatory Reporter)
- US - Lenfest Institute, Community Manager
- US - McClatchy, Developer, Product & Experience
- US - MPR, Data Reporter
- US - National Endowment for Democracy, Director, Technology and Democracy
- US - OpenSecrets, Executive Director
- Aug 23-26, Philadelphia, US, Online News Association Conference
- Sep 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- Sep 27-28, Online, Global Summit on Disinformation
- Oct 5-7, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires Media Party
- Oct 17-18, Minneapolis, US, SRC CON
- Nov 3-4, Columbia, MO, US, RJI Symposium
- Nov 9-12, Toronto, Canada, WikiConference North America
- Nov 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference