Wikimania 2023 is coming up this weekSuggest edits
The 2023 edition of Wikimania, taking place in Singapore this week from August 16th to 19th, will feature over 600 attendees, including prominent figures like Wikipedia Founder Jimmy Wales and Wikimedia Foundation CEO Maryana Iskander.
Wikimania celebrates Wikimedia projects and volunteers, focusing on diversity, collaboration, and the future of technology and knowledge sharing. It will involve keynote presentations, gender equity discussions, cultural heritage preservation, and collaborative hackathons.
Worth a Read:
- The Reynolds Journalism Institute (RJI) at the University of Missouri is accepting proposals for partnership projects that involve collaborations with multiple entities to develop tools, resources, and initiatives addressing journalism’s present needs and challenges.
- The Newmark J-School is launching the Equity Through Data Project, training underrepresented students in data journalism with $600,000+ grants for scholarships and internships.
- UNESCO’s journalism education initiative is awarding $15,500 each to 10 institutions across Africa for innovative projects aimed at strengthening journalism programs, including projects based on gender-sensitive reporting, environmental journalism, community radio collaborations and more.
- UK - AP, Implementation & Technical Support Specialist
- US - Canva, Data Visualisation Specialist
- US - Consumer Reports, Head of Experimental Engineering
- US - Consumer Reports, Research Engineer (Innovation Lab)
- US - Consumer Reports, Sr. Data Scientist
- US - FiveThirtyEight, Sr. Visual Journalist
- US - The Markup, Full Stack Operations Engineer (Temporary)
- US - Tampa Bay Times, Politics Data Reporter
- Aug 16-19, Singapore, Wikimania
- Aug 23-26, Philadelphia, US, Online News Association Conference
- Sep 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- Sep 27-28, Online, Global Summit on Disinformation
- Oct 5-7, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires Media Party
- Oct 17-18, Minneapolis, US, SRC CON
- Nov 3-4, Columbia, MO, US, RJI Symposium
- Nov 9-12, Toronto, Canada, WikiConference North America
- Nov 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference