Register for the Buenos Aires Media Party!Suggest edits
The famous Buenos Aires Media Party is happening next week! This year, the conference’s main focus will be AI, with a concentration in three key areas: ethics, security, and privacy. The three pillars of the conference are Product, Audience and Monetization.
Over 2,000 people attend the largest Hacks/Hackers gathering. It takes place from October 5-7 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and registration is free!
Worth a Read:
- Apple Podcasts recently announced a design overhaul, what may be part of a larger trend of monetizing podcasts. Paywalls, paid subscriptions and premium audio options may become more common.
- This writeup from Nieman Lab asserts that understanding AI is becoming crucial for media leaders, so that they can make legal decisions and leverage it for reporting and audience engagement.
- The Data Visualization Society’s Information is Beautiful Awards announced their shortlist with 80+ entries and will announce the winning entries on November 4, right after their Day of Inspiration mini-conference featuring talks from the finalists and industry leaders.
- Anywhere - Freedom of the Press, Site Redesign Proposals
- Anywhere - OCCRP, Web Developer
- Europe - Civitates, Sr. Programme Manager (Tech and Democracy)
- India - Revisual Labs, Graphic Designer
- Netherlands - Lighthouse Reports, Data Reporter
- UK - Tortoise Media, Sr. Development Producer
- US - Honolulu Civil Beat, Social Media Producer
- US - NYT, Newsroom Generative AI Lead
- US - ProPublica, Sr. Product Developer
- US - ProPublica, Local Reporting Network Fellow (2 years)
- Sep 27-28, Online, Global Summit on Disinformation
- Sep 28-29, Online, ONA23: Onward
- Oct 5-7, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires Media Party
- Oct 17-18, Minneapolis, US, SRC CON
- Nov 3-4, Columbia, US, RJI Symposium
- Nov 3-4, Baltimore, US and Online, IIB Awards & Day of Inspiration
- Nov 9-12, Toronto, Canada, WikiConference North America
- Nov 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference