Register for our free AI classSuggest edits
Registration is now open for our free month-long class on “How to use ChatGPT and other generative AI tools in your newsroom”! Hacks/Hackers, along with the Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas is providing the online course in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
The course runs from September 25 through October 22, and you can learn more about the course on its website here.
Worth a Read:
- When multi-line line charts start to look like multi-colored spaghetti, Nightingale wrote about some creative, “saucy” solutions to more clearly present the data.
- Semafor reported that engagement on posts from The New York Times on X, formerly known as Twitter, has dropped dramatically compared to other national U.S. news sites.
- At the Press Gazette’s Future of Media Technology Conference last week, Nic Newman of the Reuters Instituted presented ten major trends in news consumption to watch out for, including platform shifts and international declines in news consumption.
- Anywhere - GIJN, Finance Manager
- Anywhere - OCCRP, Acting Head of Journalism Products
- US - The Detroit News, Social Media Manager
- US - National Endowment for Democracy, Director, Technology and Democracy
- US - Nieman Lab, Generative AI & Journalism Reporter
- US - NYT, Graphics/Multimedia Editor, The Upshot
- US - The Philadelphia Inquirer, Data Editor
- US - Syracuse University, Assistant Teaching Professor, Journalism
- Sep 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- Sep 27-28, Online, Global Summit on Disinformation
- Oct 5-7, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires Media Party
- Oct 17-18, Minneapolis, US, SRC CON
- Nov 3-4, Columbia, MO, US, RJI Symposium
- Nov 9-12, Toronto, Canada, WikiConference North America
- Nov 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference