Bloomberg opens a hiring spree for its data teamsSuggest edits
Bloomberg is hiring around 40 new journalists for its data journalism and visualization teams. The open positions include data visualization reporters, editors, engineers and team leaders.
The openings are also global. The jobs themselves are based in Hong Kong, London and New York, but will work with Bloomberg colleagues in Taipei, London, New York, Washington DC and San Francisco.
Worth a Read:
- The European Press Prize announced a new category to celebrate “data journalism and challenges the boundaries of journalism.” They developed this award category in collaboration with the European Data Journalism Network, and projects can be submitted through December 15.
- Elon Musk announced that any post on Twitter/X that is corrected with a community note will be “ineligible for revenue share.” In response to concerns that people would utilize community notes against content they don’t like, Musk said those attempts would bee “immediately obvious.”
- The European Journalism Centre published a book on “Solutions Journalism: An introduction for journalists and newsrooms.” The ebook is available for free in Greek, English and Portuguese.
- Anywhere - The Examination, Digital Editor
- US, UK & Hong Kong - Bloomberg, Various data positions
- US - AP, Director of U.S. Safety and Security
- US - Press Forward, Director
- US - ProPublica, Senior National Editor