Stay in touch for more AI trainings from Hacks/HackersSuggest edits
The Knight Center had a fantastic turnout for its course “How to use ChatGPT and other generative AI tools in your newsroom.” The MOOC featured Hacks/Hackers AI researcher-in-residence Sil Hamilton, as well as the Associated Press’s Aimee Rineheart.
The four-week course concluded this week. As AI becomes more and more embedded into newsrooms, Hacks/Hackers looks forward to finding ways to contribute to the discussion and spread the knowledge. Keep an eye out for more updates!
Worth a Read:
- ONA started a LinkedIn newsletter called Office Hours for anyone navigating jobs and careers in online journalism. It features job postings, features ONA members looking for opportunities, and includes resources on new technology, industry trends and upskilling.
- Speaking of LinkedIn: it’s currently having a resurgence with many journalists and media professionals turning to it as a Twitter alternative.
- Nightingale is introducing a new series called Data, Viz + Design Delights with link curation from Brittany Rosenau on data viz examples, articles, podcast episodes and tutorials.
- Anywhere - Mongabay, Content Coordinator - Africa
- Africa - The Economist, Africa Correspondent
- US - CNN, Data, Polling & Election Analytics Sr. Producer
- US - The Marshall Project, Software Engineer, Product
- US - NYT, Upshot Fellowship
- US - OpenSecrets, Executive Director
- US - Solutions Journalism Network, Director, Climate
- US - The 74, Director of Audience and Growth