Apply to get AI tools in your newsroomSuggest edits
Applications for the Associated Press Local News AI Initiative are open now through June 17!
Newsrooms can submit project ideas that use automation or AI to address the needs of its news operation, and the AP will work with the newsroom, developers and vendors to implement the project over a year.
Worth a read:
- Telling stories with data is one of the key roles of data journalists, and this article explains from a more elementary perspective how to incorporate art, math and science into a data-fueled storytelling experience.
- Tech Policy Press has opened a call for abstracts of essays that explore the intersection of race, ethnicity, technology and elections. The deadline to submit an abstract is June 24, and if an essay is commissioned, the writer will receive $1,000 to write 2,000 to 4,000 words.
- GIJN’s latest guide covers what remote sensing and data tools journalists could use when investigating environmental topics, like looking at a map of gas flares to trace the origin.
- Anywhere - Freedom of the Press Foundation, Software Developer
- Anywhere - Charter, Head of Product and Experience
- Anywhere - Charter, Web Engineer
- Anywhere - MuckRock, Data Reporter
- Canada/US - Indiegraf, Product Manager
- China - South China Morning Post, Data Analyst
- Europe - OCCRP, Python Developer
- Europe - Washington Post, Russia Correspondent
- UK - Algorithmic Accountability Lab, Media & Comms Manager
- UK - Channel Four News, Researcher, Investigations
- UK - Greenpeace, Sr. Investigative Journalist
- US - Google, Product Experience Strategist, News
- US - NBC, National FOIA Reporter
- US - Newsday, Special Writer-Data
- US - San Francisco Chronicle, Weather Data/Graphics Reporter
- US - Transparentem, Analyst
- US - Virginia Commonwealth University, Media Instructor
- US - Washington Post, Motion Graphics Editor/Animator
- June 6-10, Online, RightsCon
- June 13, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, MisinfoCon Brasil
- June 16, Online, Virtual Workshop for Adobe’s CAI Open-Source Tools
- June 20-21, Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- June 22-24, Minneapolis, US, SRCCON
- June 22-25, Oslo, Norway, Global Fact Conference
- June 23-26, Denver, US, IRE
- June 27-30, Honolulu, US, EWC International Media Conference
- June 27-July 1, Medellín, Colombia, World Conference of Science Journalists
- July 8-13, Shanghai, China, World Journalism Education Congress
- July 15-17, Couthures-sur-Garonne, France, Festival International de Journalisme
- August 11-14, Las Vegas, US, MisinfoCon at DefCon
- August 25-27, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Media Party