Hacks/Hackers hiring for three grant positionsSuggest edits
We have some news, hacks and hackers! Hacks/Hackers is hiring for three positions: Two positions for the Analysis and Response Toolkit for Trust (ARTT) Project and one position for the NewsQ Project.
These are grant-funded projects focused on credibility and communications on complex topics, like vaccine efficacy and the news. You can find more info here and reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
Worth a read:
- A dataviz designer created a four-question quiz with binary answers on experience, role, salary and commitment to determine your “dataviz persona,” and went through his process of creating it in this blogpost.
- A study surveyed news readers in the UK, US, Germany, Spain and Sweden to analyze the correlation between media knowledge and social media use. The researchers found that people with higher media knowledge were more likely to use social media for news, but not as their primary source.
- A freelance journalist wrote an opinion piece about how journalists are more prone to identify themselves by their profession, and how that can make them more easily exploitable by organizations.
- Anywhere - Digital Democracy, Backend Developer
- Anywhere - Hacks/Hackers, NewsQ Project Coordinator
- Anywhere - Hacks/Hackers, ARTT Research Coordinator - Analysis and Connection
- Anywhere - Hacks/Hackers, ARTT Research Coordinator - Response
- Canada - The Globe and Mail, Data Editor
- UAE - The National News, Head of Multimedia
- UAE - The National News, Product Manager
- UK - Financial Times, Engineering Manager
- UK - Financial Times, Principal Engineer
- UK - Thomson Reuters, Technical Director
- US - Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Data Journalist
- US - Blockbeat, Data Journalist
- US - Reynolds Journalism Institute, Innovation in Focus Editor
- US - SpotlightPA, Newsroom Developer
- Sep 8-10, New York, US, IPI World Congress
- Sep 21-24, Los Angeles, US, Online News Association Conference
- Sep 27-29, Online, United Facts of America
- Sep 28-30, Zaragoza, Spain, World News Media Conference
- Oct 6, Prague, Czech Republic, News Impact Summit
- Oct 13-14, Boston, US, Conference for Truth and Trust Online
- Oct 13 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, Jamfest Journalism and Media Festival
- Oct 19, London, UK, Twipe Digital Growth Summit
- Oct 21-22, Online, IRE DBEI Symposium
- Oct 31 - Nov 2, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference
- Dec 2-4, Amman, Jordan, Arab Reporters Investigative Conference
- Dec 6-10, Washington DC, US, International Anti-Corruption Conference
- Dec 8-9, Online, SRCCON:CARE