H/H, partners awarded $5M in NSF Convergence AcceleratorSuggest edits
The Analysis and Response Toolkit for Trust (ARTT), led by researchers at Hacks/Hackers and and the University of Washington, received an additional $5 million grant from the National Science Foundation. The project recently announced it is advancing to Phase II of the NSF’s Convergence Accelerator.
The ARTT Guide, which began development in Phase I of the Accelerator, provides a framework of possible responses for daily conversations around sensitive topics informed by online information analysis.
Worth a read:
- The Toronto Star is testing automating news stories by publishing break-and-enter stories with data from the Toronto Police Service that indicate locations and trends.
- A data viz teacher walks through some of the most common concerns she gets from her students, like not being able to draw or not knowing who their audience is, and writes about how she responds to each.
- GIJN gathered a list of online search tools to make journalists’ lives easier, including the Congressional Social Media Explorer which searches politicians’ posts on multiple social platforms at once, and Gossip Machine, which finds notable news dates for any topic with a Wikipedia page.
- Anywhere - Stacker, Data Editor
- Anywhere - Stacker, Deputy Managing Editor, Money
- Asia - OCCRP, Sr. Investigative Editor
- China - Wall Street Journal, Digital Platform Internship
- China - University of Hong Kong, Director, Journalism and Media Studies Centre
- Korea - Korea JoongAng Daily, Deputy Editor
- MENA - OCCRP, Investigative Editor
- UK - Greenpeace, Trainee Investigative Reporter
- UK - National Geographic Traveller, Content Strategist
- UK - Newsweek, Deputy Science Editor
- UK - The Telegraph, Social Media Editor
- US - CalMatters, Investigative Editor
- US - Center for Public Integrity, Data Journalist
- US - EW Scripps Company, Journalism Journey Initiative Journalist
- US - In These Times, Graphic Designer
- US - PEN America, Research and Advocacy Lead, China
- US - San Francisco Chronicle, Online News Producer (East Coast)
- US - San Francisco Chronicle, Online News Producer
- US - The Urban Institute, Data Visualization Developer
- US - Washington Post, News Engineering — All Levels
- US - Washington Post, Sr. Technical Product Manager