Media Party Chicago opens call for proposalsSuggest edits
The brand new Media Party Chicago has opened its call for proposals for journalists, developers, entrepreneurs and civic hackers to lead workshops and lightning talks related to media innovation.
The first stateside Hacks/Hackers Media Party is happening June 8-10th, and the deadline for proposal submissions is March 31st! Registration will open on March 20th.
Happening this week:
- East Africa is meeting up
Worth a read:
- Worldcrunch is a news site that’s been using AI in its workflow for years. One of its founders wrote about his predictions on how journalists will integrate ChatGPT and other AI tools into their workflows.
- An essay on Poynter shows the importance of journalists engaging with their community in order to strengthen media trust, along with providing many examples of how engaging more with communities helped enhance journalism.
- Here are five new user-friendly reporting tools for investigative journalists to use that can help with tasks like quickly archiving videos posted on the internet, automatically finding the location of a satellite image, and tracking services an email address is connected to.
- Italy - EJR-Quartz for ESA, Science Editor
- UK - Dorset Echo, Digital Reporter
- UK - Hearst Magazines, Part Time Sr. Designer
- UK - National Lottery Community Fund, Data Journalist
- UK - PEI Group, Special Projects Editor
- US - Chemical & Engineering News, Research Policy Reporter
- US - The Markup, Editor
- US - Ohio University, Professor of UX & UI
- US - Scientific American, Python Engineer
- US - Seattle Times, Features Multiplatform Editor
- US - UC Berkeley, Journalism Lecturers
- US - UC Boulder, Environmental Journalism Fellowships
- March 20-24, Online, Mozilla Fest
- April 14-15, Online & Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- June 19-20, Online & Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- November 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference