The News Nerd Survey is outSuggest edits
The results of OpenNews’ 2022 News Nerd Survey are here! Over 600 news nerds responded, and the OpenNews team created graphics showing snapshots of the community including demographics, work environment and industry priorities.
Plus, OpenNews-adjacent MozFest is happening next week, and you can tune in online.
Worth a read:
- Nieman Lab wrote about the scale of destruction caused by Gannett in the past few years on its local newspapers and flagship USA TODAY, including figures like USA TODAY’s daily circulation going from 2,632,392 in Q3 2018 to 180,381 in Q3 2022.
- In honor of it being Women’s Month, GIJN compiled some of the best stories from around the world by women on women’s issues, including stories about reproductive rights, violence against women and the #MeToo movement.
- Anywhere - Bellingcat, Tech Community Facilitator
- Anywhere - The Data Face, Information Designer
- Anywhere - The Examination, Investigations Editor
- Anywhere - The Examination, Managing Editor
- Anywhere - OCCRP, Program Assistant
- Germany - Stars and Stripes, Digital Editor
- UK - Insurance Post, Data Journalist
- UK - The Telegraph, Assistant Foreign Editor
- UK - The Telegraph, Head of Newsletters
- US - Bolts, Audience Engagement Editor
- US - Health Affairs, Data & Analysis Intern
- US - Marshall Project, Inside Story Research Intern
- US - Pew Research Center, Information Graphics Designer
- US - South Florida Sun Sentinel, Data Journalist
- US - Star Tribune, Graphics Reporter
- US - Washington Post, Climate Graphics Reporter
- US - Washington Post, Election Features Engineer
- March 20-24, Online, Mozilla Fest
- April 14-15, Online & Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- June 19-20, Online & Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- November 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference