Registration is open for Media Party ChicagoSuggest edits
You can register now for Media Party Chicago, the first Hacks/Hackers Media Party in the US!
The conference will spotlight three days of keynotes, workshops, panels and lightning talks. Registration is open on Eventbrite.
Worth a read:
- Mapping measures of inequality, like internet access by US counties during the pandemic, can directly lead to systemic impact. Cases like these inspired the creation of American Inequality - a publication that brings awareness of US inequality topics using data visualizations.
- The Fix interviewed the CEO of Mother Jones, an nonprofit investigative magazine, on how it operates and generates revenue. Nearly 60% of its revenue comes from reader support.
- Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich was detained in Yekaterinburg, Russia on March 29 after being accused of espionage. He’s the first American journalist to be detained in post-Soviet Russia.
- Czech Republic - RFE/RL, Managing Editor
- Scotland - Celtic Way, Editor
- UK - Royal Horticultural Society, Sr. Digital Content Editor
- UK - The Telegraph, Editorial Performance Analyst
- US - The 19th, Product Operations Manager
- US - Boston Museum of Science, Web Developer
- US - Indiana Local News Initiative, Editor in Chief
- US - New York Focus, Audience Engagement Editor
- US - NYT, Graphics/Multimedia Editor - AI/ML
- US - NYT, Sr. Data Scientist
- US - Pew Research Center, Associate Director, News & Information Research
- US - ProPublica, Product Manager, Newsletters
- US - Washington Post, Data Engineer, Election Insights
- April 14-15, Online & Austin, US, International Symposium on Online Journalism
- April 19-23, Perugia, Italy, International Journalism Festival
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- June 19-20, Online & Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- November 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference