Media Party Chicago schedule is live! AI and news speakers from AP, BBC, Hugging Face, many moreSuggest edits
Media Party Chicago is coming up on June 8-10! The event includes workshops, lightning talks, a hackathon and more. The schedule is now live, with more than 70 speakers including from The Associated Press, BBC, Google, Hugging Face, Steamship, Open News, News Product Alliance, American Press Institute and many, many more.
We are offering 20 free tickets for Hacks/Hackers subscribers using the promo code: hackshackers. Be quick! The free tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Worth a read:
- The Inbox Collective wrote a comprehensive list of 52 proven tactics to growing a newsletter audience, including which tactics are best for specific genres of newsletters.
- Nieman Lab criticized The Messenger, a news startup featured last week on this newsletter, for having unlikely subscription goals and going too easy on its interview with Donald Trump.
- GIJN announced this year’s finalists for its Global Shining Light Award, which honors ”watchdog journalism in developing or transitioning countries that was carried out under threat, or in perilous conditions.” Here are the finalists for large outlets, and the finalists for small & medium outlets.
- Canada - Future of Good, Managing Editor
- UK - The Telegraph, Newsletter Editor
- UK - The Telegraph, Special Projects Correspondent
- UK - Tortoise, Data & Graphics Reporter
- US - The 19th, Chief Technology Officer
- US - Center for Public Integrity, Data Journalist
- US - Chicago Reader, Social Media Engagement Associate
- US - The Forward, Audience Manager
- US - Freedom of the Press Foundation, IT Engineer
- US - Honolulu Civil Beat, Reporters
- US - Newsday, Data Solutions Journalist
- US - Voice of America, News Standards & Best Practices Editor
- June 8-10, Chicago, US, Media Party Chicago
- June 19-20, Online & Bonn, Germany, DW Global Media Forum
- June 22-25, Orlando, US, IRE Conference
- September 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- November 3-4, Columbia, MO, US, RJI Symposium: In service to our communities
- November 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference