Join ONA's AI online meetupSuggest edits
The Online News Association is holding an online event with the Associated Press’s Local News AI team.
The 90-minute meetup will feature success stories from local news outlets using artificial intelligence and a panel from experts. It is free for ONA members and $25 for nonmembers.
Worth a read:
- Last week, Canada passed a law that would require online platforms to pay for showing links to news articles from Canadian outlets to Canadian citizens, prompting Meta and Google to respond by pulling Canadian news from their sites altogether.
- GIJN has written guides to searching most major social media platforms for investigations, and their latest installment includes tips on ways to search TikTok and Telegram.
- Elon Musk instituted a new “rate limit” for Twitter users that limited the number of tweets viewable in a day on Saturday, and changed the amount multiple times.
- US - Boston Globe, Newsroom Developer
- US - Cascade Public Media, Director of Digital News
- US - Gannett, Data Automation and Newsletter Editor
- US - Gannett, Journalism Developers
- US - KFF, Sr. Graphic Designer
- US - Signal Ohio, Chief Audience Officer