We're hiring at Hacks/HackersSuggest edits
Hacks/Hackers is hiring for two positions related to our NSF-funded Analysis and Response for Toolkit for Trust (ARTT) project:
- A Researcher to conduct research, coordinate efforts and contribute to the creation of related materials.
- A Community Coordinator to shape and maintain a supportive user community, and ensure the success of the expert-informed software tool aimed at addressing vaccine hesitancy and misinformation.
Both jobs are remote, but applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Applications are being reviewed now, and the ARTT team is looking to fill these positions by the end of September.
Worth a Read:
- Ron Deibert, the keynote speaker for GIJN’s conference this month, is the founder of Citizen Lab, a research lab known for its investigations into issues related to digital rights, cybersecurity and online freedom. In this GIJN piece, he talks in detail about Citizen Lab’s investigations and the challenge of regulating the global spyware market.
- The Fix newsletter had a special edition this week with several articles on managing news organizations, including a formula for hiring based on skills and strategies for building a future-proofed newsroom.
- Journalist’s Toolbox keeps comprehensive, updated lists of all kinds of AI tools that can help journalists including tools to help with data, editing, fact-checking and more.
- US - Hacks/Hackers, Community Coordinator
- US - Hacks/Hackers, Researcher
- Kenya or Nigeria - Solutions Journalism Network, Africa Initiative Manager
- UK - Financial Times, Graphics Editor
- US - CBS, Data Journalist
- US - FiveThirtyEight, Visual Journalist
- US - NPR, Elections Graphics Reporter
- US - NPR, Elections News Apps Developer
- US - USA TODAY, Assistant Data Editor
- Sep 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden, Global Investigative Journalism Conference
- Sep 27-28, Online, Global Summit on Disinformation
- Oct 5-7, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires Media Party
- Oct 17-18, Minneapolis, US, SRC CON
- Nov 3-4, Columbia, MO, US, RJI Symposium
- Nov 9-12, Toronto, Canada, WikiConference North America
- Nov 20-22, Johannesburg, South Africa, African Investigative Journalism Conference